Friday 28 February 2014

Barbara Kruger example


This is my own image inspired by Barbara Kruger. I love the meaning behind her style and edits and attempted to make one myself. I took the images in front of a black background which would give more contrast when i made it black and white. In photoshop, I desaturated the image to make it black and white and then added 'noise' in the adjustments folder to replicate the original affect on most of Barbara Kruger's work. The panel template has the slogan 'We are not what we seem' on it which made me chose the most sad/serious image from the photoshoot rather than the happy ones. To recreate the iconic inverted colours on Kruger's images I selected the middle panel and used the 'invert' tool which makes the image really stand out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment