Wednesday 16 July 2014

Portraiture Final Piece 1



This is my first final piece for the Portraiture Project inspired by Dan Mountford's double exposure images. I used a portrait of Lina in front of a brick wall to add texture and layered another image over the top. This was of leaves on a branch which Lina and I decorated with daisies. This image I used was accidental as I did not mean to get the hand in shot however when I looked through the images, this one really appealed to me. I love how the arm goes around her head and looks as if it fits into place perfectly. To merge the layers I cycled through the blending mode options and chose 'Lighten' as it let the image show through the darkest parts. I also love the colours this made as it gives a faded 'vintage' feel which goes well with the portrait I think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment